-
SuSE 9.1 with grub: BOOT from CD fails.
I have just upgraded - yes, it has been awhile- from SuSe 8.0 Pro to 9.1 Pro. 9.1 installs grub and as a dual boot, windoze 2K and SuSE 9.1 works fine.
Nothing I do seems to allow a boot from Knoppix iso cd. I changed the boot list so CD is first, etc., etc..
I have come to the conclusion that I must add the Knoppix cd boot to the grub list, so that it can be selected just like Windoze and SuSE. I want to
run Knoppix for a variety of reasons - BUT do NOT want a HD installl.
I just don't have time right now to become a grub expert. However, I have performed a fairly careful search of the Internet without any usable results.
Can anyone share the additional grub code to do this?
Thanks!
Musen
Similar Threads
-
By cli168 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:57 AM
-
By BillS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 06:54 PM
-
By Rib in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM
-
By tirfing in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 11:35 PM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 21
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 05:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$385.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99