It is not necessary to format a blank cd. If it is a cdrw and you wish to blank it simply issue:
(or wherever your drive is).Code:cdrecord -blank=fast dev=/dev/hdb
See man cdrecord for further information.
I am pretty new to linux (used DOS and Windows my whole life) and I just started using Knoppix a few weeks ago. I am still tring to learn all the command in knoppix.
What I want to know is how you would format a blank CD so that you can write to it. I have read about the dformat and mformat to do a floppy.
Can you use either of these command to format a CD with FAT32?
It is not necessary to format a blank cd. If it is a cdrw and you wish to blank it simply issue:
(or wherever your drive is).Code:cdrecord -blank=fast dev=/dev/hdb
See man cdrecord for further information.
There is an option in k3b to erase a cd if you want something GUI.
(You can't format a cd with a hardrive Filesystem like Fat)

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00