It is not necessary to format a blank cd. If it is a cdrw and you wish to blank it simply issue:
(or wherever your drive is).Code:cdrecord -blank=fast dev=/dev/hdb
See man cdrecord for further information.
I am pretty new to linux (used DOS and Windows my whole life) and I just started using Knoppix a few weeks ago. I am still tring to learn all the command in knoppix.
What I want to know is how you would format a blank CD so that you can write to it. I have read about the dformat and mformat to do a floppy.
Can you use either of these command to format a CD with FAT32?
It is not necessary to format a blank cd. If it is a cdrw and you wish to blank it simply issue:
(or wherever your drive is).Code:cdrecord -blank=fast dev=/dev/hdb
See man cdrecord for further information.
There is an option in k3b to erase a cd if you want something GUI.
(You can't format a cd with a hardrive Filesystem like Fat)

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT
$225.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
Intel Xeon E-2388G 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU Processor LGA 1151 SRKMZ
$799.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00