Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: becer install method for tar balls.

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    177

    becer install method for tar balls.

    I know a lot of people will think I'm dead wrong, but I would really like better way to install tarball. I want a dummy program. One that a todler could use, without looking up commands or using a terminal to install a tarball. I just can't get the hang of it. It took me 4 trys to get nvidia drivers installed and each of the 3 failed attempts required me to format and reinstall because I f'd it prety well. I've been trying for days now to get xtux and tux racer to install and I can't do it. I want a program to do it for me.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Northridge, California
    Posts
    48

    tarballs

    I realized tarball are for geeks and computer nerds, but they are raw C source. There possibly might be a script out there that does, ./configure, make, and make install for you. That would be nice. So there is nothing really to get around it.

    That is why there is apt-get and synaptic. Also look on www.apt-get.org for more unofficial sources.

Similar Threads

  1. Curious about this compression method...
    By gildedlink in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
  2. best method(s) for performing a package removal
    By metzelplik in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 07:18 PM
  3. DVD update lib - cant find them... (resolved alt method)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:31 PM
  4. HDD iso image install method doesn't work
    By botulism in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 03:16 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2003, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CMK32GX4M2E3200C16

$160.00



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS

$65.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC picture

128gb DDR4 Ram Hpyerx HX430C15PB3K8/128 16x8 3000 MHZ CL15 Tested Read DESC

$300.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



LOF OF 33 Samsung 8GB 1RX8 PC4 2666V SERVER RAM (M393A1K43BB1-CTD) (264GB) picture

LOF OF 33 Samsung 8GB 1RX8 PC4 2666V SERVER RAM (M393A1K43BB1-CTD) (264GB)

$1056.00



Lot Of 4 X Sticks Of Pc4 Ddr4 Ram-tested 3x 8gb 1x 4gb MAKE OFFER picture

Lot Of 4 X Sticks Of Pc4 Ddr4 Ram-tested 3x 8gb 1x 4gb MAKE OFFER

$69.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$30.00



Kingston 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM Non-ECC Unbuffered picture

Kingston 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM Non-ECC Unbuffered

$239.00



CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz 288-Pin DESKTOP PC RAM Memory picture

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz 288-Pin DESKTOP PC RAM Memory

$199.00