Perhaps this helps:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/PoorMansInstall
To boot the compressed KNOPPIX from Kanotix I do this:
http://kanotix.mipooh.net/viewtopic.php?t=2512
How would i go about booting KNOPPIX from a hard disk partition.
I am currently using Linux Mandrake 9.1 and have some spare partitions on my hard disk.
I have tried Syslinux, doing incredibly smart things with the images provided on cdrom and using command line options but get the following.
On boot prompt i type
knoppix initrd=minirt24.gz bootfrom=/dev/hda9/knoppix.iso
And i get a wonderful Welcome message but then
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
#
I am quite sure that i placed the knoppix.iso in the root of my /home partition which is mounted from /dev/hda9 (/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part9 according to the df command) and that is is indeed the complete iso images of the knoppix 3-6 cd.
Who could help me out here?
Perhaps this helps:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/PoorMansInstall
To boot the compressed KNOPPIX from Kanotix I do this:
http://kanotix.mipooh.net/viewtopic.php?t=2512

Vintage and very rare original Macintosh 128k box (2/3/1984)
$500.00
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00
Apple iBook G4 A1054 1.07GHz PowerPC G4 256MB RAM Mac OS X 10.4.11
$52.47
Apple iBook G3 Clamshell 300MHz 160MB 3GB CD Tangerine Vintage Mac w/ Box
$643.08
Apple Macintosh System 7.5 Vintage 1994 Mac OS 2 Original CDs Box Manual
$70.00
Vintage Apple Power Mac G4 Cube M7886 2000 450MHz 128MB RAM 20GB HD
$299.99
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00
Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$224.10
Kensington System Saver Fan for Vintage Early Mac WORKS
$119.00