It is not necessary to format a blank cd. If it is a cdrw and you wish to blank it simply issue:
(or wherever your drive is).Code:cdrecord -blank=fast dev=/dev/hdb
See man cdrecord for further information.
I am pretty new to linux (used DOS and Windows my whole life) and I just started using Knoppix a few weeks ago. I am still tring to learn all the command in knoppix.
What I want to know is how you would format a blank CD so that you can write to it. I have read about the dformat and mformat to do a floppy.
Can you use either of these command to format a CD with FAT32?
It is not necessary to format a blank cd. If it is a cdrw and you wish to blank it simply issue:
(or wherever your drive is).Code:cdrecord -blank=fast dev=/dev/hdb
See man cdrecord for further information.
There is an option in k3b to erase a cd if you want something GUI.
(You can't format a cd with a hardrive Filesystem like Fat)

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98
External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00