-
Help! Multi-Boot DVD, how to create CD images?
Hi, I don't have a broadband connection and so rely upon magazines in order to get linux. I recently purchased linux magazine (UK) with a multi-boot knoppix collection on DVD, I woulc like to create cd images to create cds in order to use in a laptop without a DVD drive (I have a desktop pc which I use for linux which has a DVD drive). The DVD boots to a menu from which you select which knoppix clone to boot. There are two main directories
_DIST_
containing various directories, eg kanotix, knoppix, knoppix-std each containing a KNOPPIX subdirectory with the KNOPPIX file in and a BOOT directory
ISOLINUX
which contains isolinux.bin, isolinux.cfg, boot.cat, boot.msg, memtest, welcome.16 and which also contains various directories, eg kanotix, knoppix, etc., inside which resides files vmlinuz, miniroot.gz and (eg) kanotix.msg
I assume that the ISOLINUX directory is soley for the DVD and its menu, and that I need to copy folders from the _DIST_ directory and make a cd image using mkisofs.
Anyone know how to do this? I have really used linux for a long time, and am getting back into using it. If someone can help please can you print the commands like a step by step guide. I'll probably create the images on a FAT HDD and burn them in Windows (please don't shout!).
Thank you for any help!
BTW, I need to used Kanotix as it still has teTeX included. And I've missed Knoppix 3.3 or earlier (I have 3.4 and it works well).
Similar Threads
-
By ThomasX in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 01:32 PM
-
By o3greg in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 05:35 AM
-
By certifieduser in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 09:02 PM
-
By nuke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 03:26 PM
-
By ebone in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2003, 02:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 8GB PC3-10600R (DDR3-1333) Memory (M393B1K70CH0-CH9Q5) HP 500205-071
$31.99

Lot of 50 Samsung PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM Modules
$8499.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab 14.6 in Wi-Fi Tablet 256MB Black w/ Keyboard Case Bundle
$700.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00