Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Knoppix 3.2 2003-03-21 released

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    73

    Knoppix 3.2 2003-03-21 released

    It should be on most mirrors, and it looks great.
    Code:
    Changelog:
    * V3.1-2003-03-21
    - samba, mozilla update
    - icewm, larswm update
    - kismet update
    - evolution, fontconfig update
    - gnomemeeting downgrade (gnome2 is broken)
    - gnome-pilot
    - cpuburn
    - dvd+rw-tools
    [/code]

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    I snagged the CeBIT rip off one of the German mirrors. Best Knoppix yet! With the HD config save feature it doen't matter if you have the DE or EN version as they both can be cheat code configured for either language and the myconfig=scan will put you right back where you left off.

    I suppose the '=' and 'y' keys would be a little easier to find in the EN version

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    26
    and where to download?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SaS
    and where to download?
    http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html#mirrors

    Cheers.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298
    Does anybody know if apt-get is less "destructive" to KDE this time? With Knoppix 3.1 it would rip out KDE entierly. I know that now Knoppix is "stable"-Debian and it uses KDE 3.1.0 this shouldn't happen anymore. But can anyone confirm?

    [edit]I've run apt-get update and upgrade and now my mouse is foobar-ed. I told the mouse deamon (xmd?) to keep settings. What should I do? I'll open a thread in the hardware forum if you like.[/edit]

    [edit2]I found the solution somewhere on the forums, do an "apt-get remove gpm". gpm, general purpose mouse (deamon), which is for the CLI mouse cursor, sometimes interferes with X mouse handling.
    But now my mouse (logitech) only scrolls down, not up [/edit2]

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    As of the last few days KDE (woody) is 3.1.1, that's what I just upgraded to on one of my libranet boxes (2.2-3.0-3.1 and now 3.1.1). So you're going to run into some of the same problems, but not quite as bad as 3.0 to 3.1. There was some manual intervention required to get 3.1.1 to install. I had to use:
    dpkg --force-overwrite -i *packagename
    on probably 7 or 8 packages. When apt-get dist-upgrade errored out, I used dpkg --force-overwrite -i *packagename on the packages that had dependency problems, and then ran apt-get dist-upgrade, which would then proceed further and then tell me of other dependency problems, so I repeated the above process, until I had no errors.

    Good news for some is that kdenetwork (kmail etc.) is now available for KDE 3.X.

    rock

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Tampa, FL USA
    Posts
    2

    KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-21-EN.iso doesn't work...

    I dowloaded the KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-21-EN.iso image last night from th source.rfc822.org mirror, and tried to use it (on two pc's), but it would not boot completely to the KDE desktop. It hangs at the KDE initialization screen, and goes no further. I did notice some error messages scroll by right after the kernel load part of the boot process.

    Anyone else having an issue like this?

    Dennis

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Tampa, FL USA
    Posts
    2

    Never Mind....

    My bad. I just realized I burned an incomplete ISO. Somehow the download must have terminated last night as "Done" but is was about 100Mb short of the complete ISO file. I'm attemting the download again, but I will verify the file fist before burning.

    Dennis

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    can anyone confirm or deny this bug : ?
    http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ch/002310.html

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    can anyone confirm or deny this bug : ?
    http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ch/002310.html
    hi
    just tried the latest Knoppix and what happened? Belife it or not, I had
    no keyboard! The drivers for USb keyboards are not loaded in that version.
    I can't get my usb camera to work but thats a differant issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. When will Knoppix 3.8 be released?
    By anton123 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 07:49 AM
  3. clusterKNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN-cl1 released
    By dolphin in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 09:37 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
  5. KNOPPIX V3.2-2003-03-21b-EN released
    By eadz in forum News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 12:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$899.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99