Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: K3B CD burner

  1. #1

    K3B CD burner

    Hello. I have a question about the K3B cd burner. I am trying to copy files to a cd and when I open up K3B I click in the directory pane, I click Root/mnt/hda1.

    But nothings shows up in the files pane. I am running Knoppix 3.6 and I have a system with 2 hard drives on it. Now hda1 should be may c: drive first partition but no files show on K3B.

    Now when I click on the icon that is at the left on the desktop it opens up just fine and shows all the files. And I do have the dirve mounted when I open it in K3B.

    Anyone have any ideas why this wouldn't show any files??

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    My system is:
    AMD Duron 1.6GHz
    384 MB RAM
    1 - 40GB HD
    - hda1 16GB NTFS WindowsXP
    - hda2 1GB linux swap
    - hda 3 8.1 GB ext2 linux root
    WindowsXP's boot menu has control of the HD's MBR and I do not use grub or lilo.
    1 - generic 52x CDROM - hdc
    1 - LiteON 32X CDRW - hdd
    Just right now, I did the following:
    I booted with Knoppix 3.6, go to the desktop. Clicked on the hda1 icon and saw the C: & Windows files. Then I ran K3B and browsed like you mentioned from root to mnt/hda1 and I saw the same files. I created a new data cd project and dragged & dropped "Norton Antivirus" from "Program Files" to the CD project pane. I then successfully burned a CDR of the files.

    I have no idea why I was successful while you ran into problems.
    I hope this helps.
    James

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    My system is:
    AMD Duron 1.6GHz
    384 MB RAM
    1 - 40GB HD
    - hda1 16GB NTFS WindowsXP
    - hda2 1GB linux swap
    - hda 3 8.1 GB ext2 linux root
    WindowsXP's boot menu has control of the HD's MBR and I do not use grub or lilo.
    1 - generic 52x CDROM - hdc
    1 - LiteON 32X CDRW - hdd
    Just right now, I did the following:
    I booted with Knoppix 3.6, go to the desktop. Clicked on the hda1 icon and saw the C: & Windows files. Then I ran K3B and browsed like you mentioned from root to mnt/hda1 and I saw the same files. I created a new data cd project and dragged & dropped "Norton Antivirus" from "Program Files" to the CD project pane. I then successfully burned a CDR of the files.

    I have no idea why I was successful while you ran into problems.
    I hope this helps.
    James
    Well the only thing that I can think of is that drive is my my original drive that came with my computer and I has WinME on it. Since then I have added the second drive that has WinXP PRO on it.

    Maybe there is something in the formatting of hda1 that K3B doesn't like.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Try clicking the devices tab and going to the HD that way.

Similar Threads

  1. I/O Magic USB DVD BURNER GONE in 3.9?
    By morbidpalooza in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 10:37 PM
  2. My dvd burner
    By morbidpalooza in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2005, 11:10 AM
  3. Can not mount DVD burner
    By unno in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:06 PM
  4. K3B - Can't find CD Burner
    By delamatrix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 11:31 PM
  5. CD-Burner
    By ferreter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 02:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


PNY CS900 2TB SATA Solid State Drive (SSD) picture

PNY CS900 2TB SATA Solid State Drive (SSD)

$140.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$74.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$129.99