13 views and no resonse...![]()
How do I know what to burn on the cd with all these files?? I have a laptop HP...
I went to the website..http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
and when I went here...ftp://csociety-ftp.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/knoppix/
what are all these files...do I download each and everyone to a cd? or certain ones? how do I know which one goes for my WinXp Home?
13 views and no resonse...![]()
Hey I'm in the same boat as you (ie. don't know exactly what to burn to disk) but do know that the files we're looking for are known as "ISO image(s)". I believe that is all we need to burn to disc but I'm not sure. I've been to several sites but none have been too terribly helpful for those who aren't quite up to speed. And I don't think the ISO was included with my original knoppix download.
Best of Luck,
James
that is helpfull...i'm downloading the iso...don't know which one is right so I got the one that said EN and I think that is for english..Originally Posted by Jkube1980
To make a bootable knoppix cd, it's sufficient to download only one iso file. The latest enlgish version is KNOPPIX_V 3.6-2004-08-16-EN.iso (ca.699MB)
Burn it to disk using the image setting of your burning software program.
dont make my mistake and unwrap iso image with winrar, just burn the 1 file as above.. if you unwrap u end up with about 8 files.. also burn to cdrw first to check image first,Originally Posted by pulsar
Should the file "KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN" be followed by an "iso" suffix? I've already got a copy downloaded but it doesn't have a suffix, do I need to add the ".iso" extension?
Should the file "KNOPPIX_V3.6-2004-08-16-EN" be followed by an "iso" suffix? I've already got a copy downloaded but it doesn't have a suffix, do I need to add the ".iso" extension?
no it doesn't need it.
Windows auto hides the extension

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99