Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Broadcom Netxtreme Gigabit

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18

    Broadcom Netxtreme Gigabit

    I've been searching Google and this forum for a few days now and have tried everything I've come accross. I have an HP D530 desktop and an HP N620c laptop that both have the Broadcom Netxtreme Gigabit NIC. On the laptop, I boot to knoppix 3.4 and everything works great but on the desktop I can not get network access.

    It does recongnize it as eth0 but it uses the tg3 module (which it does on my laptop also). It will not pull an address from DHCP, even when I run netcardconfig it gives me an operation failed.

    I downloaded the driver source from broadcom (v. 7-3-5), unpacked it and did a make. Then I rmmod tg3 and insmod bcm5700.o, netcardconfig. Still not working.

    Does anyone have any other ideas? The reason I'm working on it so much is that we have about 100 of these same machines here and I'd really like to have Knoppix as a tool in my arsenal.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    18
    An update:

    If I set all the network information manually I am able to get online. So it appears as though it's just DHCP and just for the desktop model.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5

    Good to know

    I also have a large amount of computers with that card in. However, I was using Phlak which fails 'make.' It is good to know you made it work in Knoppix - I'll try that next.

Similar Threads

  1. Marvol gigabit LAN on DFI LanParty UT nF3 250Gb
    By spikey_richie in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:39 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 07:36 AM
  3. KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN not supported 3COM Gigabit 3C940
    By kubikanber in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:01 PM
  4. 3COM Gigabit 3C940 and ADI AD 1985 not detected
    By dmk in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 09:40 AM
  5. Gigabit ethernet driver problem (Intel Pro/1000)
    By jstaker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2003, 05:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99