You may need to use some cheatcodes at the boot prompt such as:-
knoppix nodma
or a combo of a few others
I tried to run Knoppix on my notebook PC and everything went fine till I get to where it said "Looking for CDROM in /dev/scd0" and that is were the system locked up.
I have an internal cd-rw/dvd drive.
Any thoughts on why knoppix locks up and if there is any way to correct it.??
You may need to use some cheatcodes at the boot prompt such as:-
knoppix nodma
or a combo of a few others
I used all the codes that turn off hardware detection but that is one I didn't try.Originally Posted by kelmo
I only have one hard drive on the notebook but for some reason knoppix is seeing my CDROM drive as another hard drive. It detects my hard drive as hda1 and my CDROM drive as hdc1.

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold
$44.99
Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00
Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99
IBM Aptiva E5D Intel Pentium II 400MHz 64MB RAM No HDD Vintage Computer 2139E5D
$219.99
VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99