-
Remastering for cheatcodes
Hi everybody
I've created two partitions on a USB stick, one for configuration and the other for a persistent home directory. When I boot I type
knoppix myconf=/dev/sda1 home=/dev/sda2
I would like these to be set a default to save typing and typos sometimes get the partitions the wrong way round.
After a little investigation it looked like that I could edit the isolinux.cfg file to include the myconf=/dev/sda1 home=/dev/sda2 in the default APPEND line.
Did this re-created the iso and burned to CD.
When booting knoppix attempts to find the KNOPPIX file on either sda1 or sda2, fails because it's not there it's on the CD. Then drops down into a limited shell.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks
-
It sounds like you may have burned the CD without a KNOPPIX file. Was the KNOPPIX file part of the ISO that you burned?
Best Wishes
Pete
-

Originally Posted by
el_supremo
It sounds like you may have burned the CD without a KNOPPIX file. Was the KNOPPIX file part of the ISO that you burned?
Best Wishes
Pete
The KNOPPIX file was part of the ISO that I burned, for some reason KNOPPIX has been converted to knoppix. Have to have another look at my mkisofs.
Thanks
-
Missed out most of the mkisofs flags like -pad -l -r -J etc. No wonder it didn't work!
Thanks for making me look to see what I'd actually done.
Works great. I've added myconf=/dev/sda1 home=/dev/sda2 to the default and Knoppix in isolinux.cfg.
-
Glad you got it working.
Pete
Similar Threads
-
By Maud_Dib in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-05-2005, 01:49 AM
-
By djarum in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 04:02 PM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By larryks in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-09-2003, 12:43 PM
-
By George Wiedmann in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-20-2003, 05:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Lot of 12 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets with BAD LCD for Parts
$381.38

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.5" Tablet SM-X200 (Gray 32GB) Wifi CRACKED
$41.93

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Tablet SM-T517P (Gray 32GB) Sprint CRACKED
$37.65

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G SM-T738U 12.4" Tablet Gray 64GB T-Mobile CRACKED
$82.68