It sounds like you may have burned the CD without a KNOPPIX file. Was the KNOPPIX file part of the ISO that you burned?
Best Wishes
Pete
Hi everybody
I've created two partitions on a USB stick, one for configuration and the other for a persistent home directory. When I boot I type
knoppix myconf=/dev/sda1 home=/dev/sda2
I would like these to be set a default to save typing and typos sometimes get the partitions the wrong way round.
After a little investigation it looked like that I could edit the isolinux.cfg file to include the myconf=/dev/sda1 home=/dev/sda2 in the default APPEND line.
Did this re-created the iso and burned to CD.
When booting knoppix attempts to find the KNOPPIX file on either sda1 or sda2, fails because it's not there it's on the CD. Then drops down into a limited shell.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks
It sounds like you may have burned the CD without a KNOPPIX file. Was the KNOPPIX file part of the ISO that you burned?
Best Wishes
Pete
The KNOPPIX file was part of the ISO that I burned, for some reason KNOPPIX has been converted to knoppix. Have to have another look at my mkisofs.Originally Posted by el_supremo
Thanks
Missed out most of the mkisofs flags like -pad -l -r -J etc. No wonder it didn't work!
Thanks for making me look to see what I'd actually done.
Works great. I've added myconf=/dev/sda1 home=/dev/sda2 to the default and Knoppix in isolinux.cfg.
Glad you got it working.
Pete

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99