Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 3Com Officeconnect Wireless 54Mbps (11g) PCMCIA Card

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3

    3Com Officeconnect Wireless 54Mbps (11g) PCMCIA Card

    Model #: 3CRWE154G72

    Hi guys,

    I am trying to make the coversion from MS to Linux. This would be much easier if I could get Internet connectivity on my laptop. I have a 3Com Officeconnect Wireless 54Mbps (11g) PCMCIA Card, which when I put in the wireless scanning commands that I found on a website:

    Code:
    iwlist ethX scanning
    ...it finds my Wireless Network (and the one down the street ) which suggests that the driver is working fine.

    When I open the web browser (Konqueror) I get page cannot be displayed or whatever the Linux alternative is.

    Is there any settings that I have to configure for Wireless Internet to work?

    Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers, Stig.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    Sorry, I forgot to mention. I am running the HDD install of:

    Code:
    KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso
    Cheers, Stig.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555

    Re: 3Com Officeconnect Wireless 54Mbps (11g) PCMCIA Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Stiggy
    iwlist ethX scanning
    Which value of X are you using? Type "ifconfig ethX" with the same X, and see if the interface is configured. If it is, try pinging some known IP address. Also, check whether your /etc/resolv.conf is properly configured (should list your default domain & name server)

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    Mine is configured for eth0. I will try your suggestion and get back to you. Are the ping commands the same as in Windows?

    Cheers, Stig.

Similar Threads

  1. Problems installing 3Com 11g wireless Card on Medion MD9783
    By jose luis vazquez in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 02:09 AM
  2. 3com officeconnect remote 812
    By regloh in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 12:38 PM
  3. 3com X-jack PCMCIA card driver and install
    By mtaplits in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 09:14 AM
  4. 3com PCMCIA network card
    By mborchorst in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 12:37 AM
  5. how to install/config 3com pcmcia wireless card
    By wizzofoz in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 11:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$94.95