Sorry, I forgot to mention. I am running the HDD install of:
Cheers, Stig.Code:KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso
Model #: 3CRWE154G72
Hi guys,
I am trying to make the coversion from MS to Linux. This would be much easier if I could get Internet connectivity on my laptop. I have a 3Com Officeconnect Wireless 54Mbps (11g) PCMCIA Card, which when I put in the wireless scanning commands that I found on a website:
...it finds my Wireless Network (and the one down the streetCode:iwlist ethX scanning) which suggests that the driver is working fine.
When I open the web browser (Konqueror) I get page cannot be displayed or whatever the Linux alternative is.
Is there any settings that I have to configure for Wireless Internet to work?
Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Stig.
Sorry, I forgot to mention. I am running the HDD install of:
Cheers, Stig.Code:KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-EN.iso
Which value of X are you using? Type "ifconfig ethX" with the same X, and see if the interface is configured. If it is, try pinging some known IP address. Also, check whether your /etc/resolv.conf is properly configured (should list your default domain & name server)Originally Posted by Stiggy
Mine is configured for eth0. I will try your suggestion and get back to you. Are the ping commands the same as in Windows?
Cheers, Stig.

Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable
$110.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99
Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00
VINTAGE 1990 Hayes LANstep Network Computer Operating System v1.00 SEALED NEW
$888.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00