Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Is the D-Link DFE-530TX+ NIC Card Supported?

  1. #1
    Panik
    Guest

    Is the D-Link DFE-530TX+ NIC Card Supported?

    Is the D-Link DFE-530TX+ NIC Card Supported?

    Knoppix is not recognizing my NIC card and I can't get on the net. This is bumming me out.

    I am a newbie to Linux, but this is realy cool. Can someone please help with the NIC question?

    Rgds,
    Panik :P

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    41
    yes


    I am using it now

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199
    <snip>

    Is the D-Link DFE-530TX+ NIC Card Supported? Knoppix is not recognizing my NIC card...

    </snip>

    Yes (I have this card). You may want to check your BIOS settings for conflicts. Alternately, if you have Windows, check the Device Manager for conflicts, as well (that's the purpose of "IRQ steering"). I am not yet familiar with with resolving such conflicts under Linux. Overlapping IRQ assignments can sometimes be resolved by Windows but not by Linux (or vice versa).

    What text-messages do you see at Knoppix startup? I DO see my 530 NIC there...

    I can now access my Ameritech DSL by PPPoE under Knoppix, which I like!

  4. #4
    Panik
    Guest

    Thanks for the help

    I went into the bios and made a couple of changes. I also disables pcmcia in Knoppix. Now I am online.

    WEEEEEE!!!!!!

    Thanks again!!!!!
    Panik

Similar Threads

  1. via on-board network card not supported?
    By tjudycki in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 12:38 AM
  2. "No supported Network Card Found"
    By rayesteq in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 04:47 PM
  3. Knoppix with D-Link wireless card
    By nolisaurus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 07:51 AM
  4. Card not supported??
    By qman_txun in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-14-2003, 12:56 AM
  5. How can I use my D-link 530TX in knoppix on CD?
    By cao2oem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$325.99



VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8 picture

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8

$34.95



Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial picture

Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial

$89.99



VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC picture

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC

$24.95



Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac picture

Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac

$11.75



Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED picture

Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED

$58.85



NEW vintage Compusa Computer Desktop Pc PIII 550 100mhz 64mb Windows 98se picture

NEW vintage Compusa Computer Desktop Pc PIII 550 100mhz 64mb Windows 98se

$595.00