26 reads but no answers?
I just wanted to know if there's any advantage of persistant home over saved configs or if both would be even better?
"knoppix home=scan Try to find knoppix homedir automatic."
What does this really do? Can I save my home directory to the HD and Knoppix will use it instead of the ramdisk/home?
It sure would come in handy for large permanent file storage and installations without clogging up the RAM/swap.
26 reads but no answers?
I just wanted to know if there's any advantage of persistant home over saved configs or if both would be even better?
Lots of looks but no one knows do you?
That's OK because this is new technology and we haven't had time to test it all out.
Well I went ahead and saved 'em both to the HD and then tried to invoke them both on next knoppix boot as suggested in the PH save dialogs.
They aren't compatible I've found. If you save both and try to invoke both using the cheat codes 'knoppix myconfig=scan home=scan' at the boot prompt, it ignores the configs and just loads the PH. This is fine if the default configs work, disasterous if they don't.
Is there a way to mount your PH after the configs are loaded and not before?
Maybe this can be fixed in the next release.
Consider this a bug report.
Why not combine the two somehow? "persistent /etc and /home" would be IT![]()
If it just picked up the configs first and then PH, things would be real peachy as far as I'm concerned.
Catching everything in /etc would be nice... Of course, none of that works for me, but I'm getting darn good at rapidly configuring things after I boot up.![]()

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.66