-
Modem busy after reboot
I've installed a Knoppix 3.4 in a laptop, using the 2.4 kernel, and it works ok. The only problem is the modem. It has a conexant xipset, so I used the linuxant drivers. They work well, no problems.
But I didn't like the restriction of 14.4 kbps, so I found older drivers that can connect at 56kbps (the same linuxant drivers, but an older free version). I uninstall the limited drivers, and installed the free ones. At first, they worked perfect. But after rebooting, kppp says that the modem is always busy :\
Reinstalling the drivers don't solve the problem. I have to uninstall completely the drivers, reboot, and install again. But at the next reboot, they don't work again. Any clue? (Some config file, or strange module incompatibilities). I don't know which logs could help, but if you tell me i will post it.
Similar Threads
-
By jodef in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 08:21 AM
-
By abrand888 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 07:21 PM
-
By cuk in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 12:26 PM
-
By kchard in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2004, 12:50 AM
-
By gtgoku in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM
$300.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99