-
can't see USB Floppy
How do I get Knoppix to see a USB floppy drive? I am running Knoppix from CD. I don't really know how to mount a USB floppy, so that might be the problem.
thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: can't see USB Floppy
1. Boot knoppix
2. After it is up and running, plug the USB drive in
3. ' dmesg | tail ' to see new kernel messages
4. The USB drive should be /dev/sda if you have no other SCSI/emulated devices on the system.
5. ' fdisk -l ' to verify.

Originally Posted by
clubfoot
How do I get Knoppix to see a USB floppy drive? I am running Knoppix from CD. I don't really know how to mount a USB floppy, so that might be the problem.
thanks!
-
doesnt work for me
did exactly what you mentioned, but didnt work.
I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 2
scsi1: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun 0, CDB: Read (10) 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 04 00
Info fld=0x8, Current sd08:00: sense key Medium Error
Additional sense indicates Medium format corrupted
I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 4
scsi1: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun 0, CDB: Read (10) 00 00 00 00 06 00 00 02 00
Info fld=0x8, Current sd08:00: sense key Medium Error
Additional sense indicates Medium format corrupted
I/O error: dev 08:00, sector 6
anyway, it cant open /dev/sda
any idea ?
(is a HP omnibook xt1000)
-
This is just a guess, but I think you might need to edit your /etc/fstab file.
Now look for an entry that says /dev/sda and /mnt/sda. What you want to do is to change /dev/sda to /dev/sda4, and if there is a # character at the beginning of the line, delete it.
Now you should be able to access the USB floppy.
Code:
mount /mnt/sda
cd /mnt/sda
ls
That should bring up all the files on the floppy disk
Similar Threads
-
By clarjon1 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 11:26 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 05:15 AM
-
By DrWhom in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 05:12 PM
-
By john_h in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 04:47 PM
-
By SkyHawk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Lot of 10 Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage UNCLAIMED
$22000.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT V02 Stack
$190.00

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00