I've found that if I press ctrl + Alt + Del on the 9999999 screen it goes through the next time it hits the LILO
Bryan
After reinstalling knoppix v3.4 debian style now lilo will not run from the HD. If I want to boot into lilo I need to boot from the A: drive with the boot disk that was created at installation. I would like to restore the lilo configuration to change the lilo.conf file. I have changed it and ran lilo -v but it still does 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99.... To get into windows I need to boot from the same disc with the lilo ouput on it. It looks exactly like the lilo from the hd but its running from the floppy drive. It gets me there but I don't like the hassle of the disc in the drive and I can't change the boot options. Would like to change the timeout again..which I did but I am not booting from the hd so the boot disc takes over that option.
Can I fix this without having to reinstall knoppix? I have read a post about working from the windows recovery console but was wondering if there is a different way so I can get to the linux partition/OS?
I've found that if I press ctrl + Alt + Del on the 9999999 screen it goes through the next time it hits the LILO
Bryan
I'll try it. It didn't work. Just loops around to the same thing.
you must have not installed the lilo at the right place,form where the comp is reading the bootup sequence.
if u r useing windiws also,try to reinstall lilo to the 1st partition of knoppix and use a bootloder to acces them
otherwise install lilo on mbr...
How di I reinstall lilo to mbr?
Could I just reformat and reinstall knoppix? I have xp in other partition and need to get to it. In the option when installing knoppix to place in mbr or in root folder or something like that I think I choose the latter what ever it was. Don't know why.
Just reformatted and reinstalled. All is fine now.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00
Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY
$44.54