Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help, problems starting KDE: No Write Access /home/......

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    46

    Help, problems starting KDE: No Write Access /home/......

    Help! I have been using knoppix for a few days now with persistent home of 785 megs and my config file, running knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan at startup. For all the details about my setup please see here:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13177
    I booted up tonite and Knoppix and KDE booted fine, only I couldn't access the internet. I tried to reboot to solve the problem. After I rebooted, KDE was loading and suddenly froze on the first step. After a few seconds this message appeared:
    No Write Access To:
    /home/knoppix/.ICEauthority
    Cannot start KDE
    I was then just given a console window. I tried another boot, with the same results. What has happened? I didn't change any settings or anything!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Help, problems starting KDE: No Write Access /home/.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldi
    Help! I have been using knoppix for a few days now with persistent home of 785 megs and my config file, running knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan at startup. For all the details about my setup please see here:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13177
    I booted up tonite and Knoppix and KDE booted fine, only I couldn't access the internet. I tried to reboot to solve the problem. After I rebooted, KDE was loading and suddenly froze on the first step. After a few seconds this message appeared:
    No Write Access To:
    /home/knoppix/.ICEauthority
    Cannot start KDE
    I was then just given a console window. I tried another boot, with the same results. What has happened? I didn't change any settings or anything!
    try
    chmod knoppix:knoppix /home/knoppix/.ICEauthority (will have to sudo if you are not root in the console window). Then 'startx' should attempt restart kde.

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to fix Win XP Home mess w/NTFS write access (long)
    By frugalyankee in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 03:48 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2004, 12:51 PM
  3. write access
    By Static_C in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 10:43 PM
  4. No Write Access though doing the probably right things
    By knoppixer in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2003, 04:12 PM
  5. no write access
    By Zibar in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 06:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$44.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears picture

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears

$99.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00