-
Help, problems starting KDE: No Write Access /home/......
Help! I have been using knoppix for a few days now with persistent home of 785 megs and my config file, running knoppix home=scan myconfig=scan at startup. For all the details about my setup please see here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13177
I booted up tonite and Knoppix and KDE booted fine, only I couldn't access the internet. I tried to reboot to solve the problem. After I rebooted, KDE was loading and suddenly froze on the first step. After a few seconds this message appeared:
No Write Access To:
/home/knoppix/.ICEauthority
Cannot start KDE
I was then just given a console window. I tried another boot, with the same results. What has happened? I didn't change any settings or anything!
Similar Threads
-
By frugalyankee in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 03:48 AM
-
By ghofmann in forum Ideas
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 12:51 PM
-
By Static_C in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 10:43 PM
-
By knoppixer in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 04:12 PM
-
By Zibar in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PERC H755 8GB NV 12Gb/s Pci-e RAID controller card 29XMF Full Height
$899.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN
$55.00

2-Bay RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD External Hard Drive, USB 3
$59.99

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00