-
Senior Member
registered user
Linux may be losing this average Jill
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=59647#59647
To get cable up and running the score:
Windows 98SE - five minutes (includes reboot but not including time to find mobo CD)
Linux - 4 hours, burnt dinner and a pounding headache
I can no longer imagine I am going to be able to network this PC and my other without heavy duty tranquilization. The thought of throwing a router into this mix and another computer with a different nic and a different distro. YIKES. Not to mention I am toying with the idea of wireless so I don't have to fish a wall? I don't think I can do what needs to be done in linux, I have been messing about with linux for quite a few months now but there is no way I think I am going to be able to do this. In my wildest nightmares, how many hours (or days?) will it take me to network?
Similar Threads
-
By Duffin444 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 05:52 PM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 12:14 AM
-
By xeerex in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 07:40 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:50 PM
-
By adam0ski in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 02:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99

Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15

Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67