I keep two boxes too. At the moment the spare box has a more stable BH5, lindows & 98 - it is going to be used for trying out all those new distros I have been downloading. My main box here I have my BH7 and a very stable (for me) BH4 along with 98. In retrospect the BH7 probably was a mistake - I have held onto my BH4 very tight but finally gave in to the new version . Since I am going to be networking soon and if wall-fishing is unsucessful I will be needing what support they have for wifi anyway. Ain't gonna be pretty. I will try fishing before buying the router

The monitor is a puzzler. I would agree with the move having something to do with it except that it was in this spot for a couple of days before I got the cable and the wave didn't start until the first boot in linux with it. And it was a very short distance move, maybe 25 feet. Coincidence is possible since this is an apartment and I have no idea what my neighbor on the other side of the wall right here is doing. They are a busy bunch over there and anything is possible. Seems to have calmed down a bit to once or twice a night. Hate to think the monitor is going. It's a nice samsung, cheap but very good picture and you know how hard it is to find that even in a more expensive one sometimes. I am trying to remember if I had hooked up this new surge protector BEFORE the move but I can't (getting old stinks, rilly it does) I have tried moving everything away from it except for that. I don't have any stepdown transformers plugged into it, though, they are down on the floor and probably no closer than they were in the old location. That's the next thing I try before just giving up and waiting for the monitor to get worse (I would like an LCD but just can't swing one - I really overextended myself with the cable, but boy it is nice )