OK, I see that there must be some odd changes in 3.7.
After I finally found my oldest 3.4 disk it works as it should.
When I plug in a USB hard drive, shouldn't it show up on the desktop as hotplug and supermount?
I didn't try terminal mount command. I have tried both booting with the drive connected and without and later plugging it in.
Also, anyway to speed up Knoppix 3.7 while it is looking for /etc/fstab. Must take 20 minutes on a P300 IBM thinkpad.
I want to use diskpart but can't seem to get either the USB hard drive or my usb pegasus nic to work nor my wireless pcmcia to samba the file to. HELP!
OK, I see that there must be some odd changes in 3.7.
After I finally found my oldest 3.4 disk it works as it should.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00