-
Junior Member
registered user
Shah
Thanks for the info - but it took me nowhere! I followed your instructions on your refererence post to the letter but the wireless (eth2) is still brought up in DHCP mode - I need it to be in STATIC mode.
FYI - Knoppix says that I have three networking devices, eth0 is the firewire, eth1 is the NIC (Realtek), and eth2 is the wireless (Orinoco/Lucent). I do not have eth0 or eth1 configured. I did at one time but Knoppix brought all three up on bootup, even tho' I use 'no' in the 'onboot = ' line of the config files for eth0 and eth1. You see, I use the wireless network device only.
I have a question for you shah, what would cause 'eth2=eth2' to be removed from /etc/network/ifstate on a boot up? Every time I boot up I see errors saying eth2 is not configured. On login I can add the line,as I stated in my original post. When I do add this line, ifup and ifdown commands begin to work. If I do not add 'eth2=eth2' to the /etc/network/ifstate script, ifup and ifdown will produce a 'device not configured' error message, the same message I see on boot ups. So I can't help but wonder if this script, /etc/network/ifstate, has some bearing on the problem?
This is all guess work on my part but I have to wonder, why is 'eth2=eth2' being removed from /etc/network/ifstate???
Mike
Similar Threads
-
By cosmosgr in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 07:29 AM
-
By crw128 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 10:39 AM
-
By revolver in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:43 PM
-
By bgood98 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 05:30 PM
-
By lello107 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

Corsair 760T, ASUS X99a-ii, i7-6800k, 16GB RAM, 1080GPU, 256GB SSD #21
$300.00

Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHZ
$18.00