-
Junior Member
registered user
Shah,
Thanks for letting me know the value of /etc/network/ifstate. Here is the contents of my /etc/network/interfaces script:
<beginning of script>
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup, ifdown
# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo eth2
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth2 inet static
address 192.168.1.210
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.1.0
broadcast 192.168.1.255
gateway 192.168.1.1
<end of script>
As you can see, eth2 is already set to use a static IP.
Shah, I have another guess (the only word that applies here) - could Knoppix be looking for a hardwired connection for it's networking device, and not finding one, goes off on a bender and thus gets the network devices configs confused? eth0 and eth1 are NOT configured and things got worse when they were configured...
Another thing, I have enabled syslogd but I cannot find the boot up screen dump! I have looked in /var/log/kern.log, syslog, lastlog, messages, lastlog, faillog, dmesg, etc, etc, etc and still haven't been able to find the boot up error messgaes. I went through them again yesterday and search for any 'failed', 'error' etc and came up with empty as far as the NICs are concerned, and yet I can see 'device not configured' concerning the wireless (eth2).
Shah, I have been chasing this little problem since v-3.4 and still haven't figured it out. Since I'm barely above a noobee, I don't think I ever will. But I will keep on trying to figure it out with the help of people like you. Thanks again...
Mike
Similar Threads
-
By cosmosgr in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 07:29 AM
-
By crw128 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 10:39 AM
-
By revolver in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:43 PM
-
By bgood98 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 05:30 PM
-
By lello107 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED
$165.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter
$199.99