-
Junior Member
registered user
OK shah...I made the changes to the script. I put the 'ifdown/up' commands ahead of the 'network start' command but I got an 'ifdown eth2 - device not configured' error message on the subsequent reboot . And on login eth2 was using DHCP! However...
If all of this so far hasn't sounded a little crazy, what I'm about to say will - some boot ups eth2 will be using DHCP and other boot ups eth2 will be using a STATIC IP....and I cannot tell when it will be using what. Out of sheer curiousity, I rebooted the system 6 times and half the time DHCP was being used and the other half, of course, a static IP.
I'm having a hellava time trying to rap my brain around this. I think it's time for me to move on to another distro - naw, gotta figure it out, right?
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By cosmosgr in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 07:29 AM
-
By crw128 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 10:39 AM
-
By revolver in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:43 PM
-
By bgood98 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 05:30 PM
-
By lello107 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Datto S3P4000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$137.56

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08