-
Junior Member
registered user
OK - it's Friday morning and I have rebooted the system at least 10 times since our last posts and this is what I have settled on for my /etc/init.d/mynet.sh:
<begin code>
#!/bin/sh
ifconfig eth0 down
ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth2 down
/etc/init.d/networking stop
/etc/init.d/networking start
ifconfig eth2 up
<end code>
Shah, with the above script syntax Knoppix v-3.6 will (so far anyway) set my wireless to use a STATIC IP address. Ten reboots, ten with eth2 set to use a STATIC IP. Your last scrip syntax didn't set eth2 to STATIC IP all of the time, even tho' I set the numerical value of the script to '22'. The above syntax DOES seem to work but I will always check the IP upon logon. Thanks for your input.
FYI - after talking things over with a friiend, there possibly very relevant info I failed to convey - I have updated the system to a Debian Unstable (Sid) configuration. Also, I did a Debian HDD install.
Now for an off topic comment - I d/l'd Kanotix BH4 and as a live install it too has a problem with my Lucent wireless - a topic for a different time and place. But it does look interesting... 
Ciao...
Similar Threads
-
By cosmosgr in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 07:29 AM
-
By crw128 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 10:39 AM
-
By revolver in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:43 PM
-
By bgood98 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 05:30 PM
-
By lello107 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45