Hi,
I tried to boot the latest 3.2 on my Dell Inspiron 2500 but it hangs while loading the kernel. I then tried the failsafe option and can get everything working. However, this mode disable everything on my machine(PCMCIA thus no network). So I tried the noscsi options and can pass the boot up hanging issue but it hangs again when it launch X. Don't know how to fix this though. The chipset used is i815(which is properly detected by Knoppix). Also, by enabling the PCMCIA, the network card is properly identified but the driver failed some how. Again, I don't know where to look for in order to fix it.
thanks for anyhelp in advance.
regards,
gary

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90