Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Surf internet through a Webramp router/hub

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1

    Surf internet through a Webramp router/hub

    Hello. I'm a newbie but not totally clueless. I just got Knoppix and it runs off CD beautifully! Having a problem surfing over my network though. We use static IP addresses on our computers and Webramp gateway. I can ping the Webramp and surf into it with no problem to look at it's various settings pages so I know my network is running. However, I can't surf anywhere on the Internet when the Webramp is connected via it's modem. My son can surf on Windows XP while I am just sitting here unable to get through. I can surf with no problems when I boot up in Win 98 instead. Assume it must be a settings problem. Tried networkcardconfig. No luck. Saying no to DHCP. Any ideas? Can't find instructions on setup to surf over a lan rather than a direct modem connect.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Get the machine ip address, netmask, network address and gateway address from your system running windows (run winipcfg), if you can ping the router but not get onto the internet I think that the gateway addrress is not set correctly.

    You might want to boot up with:

    knoppix nodhcp

    Then use netcardconfig and put in the values you got from running windows, then make sure everything works and then do a " floppy save config " from the KNOPPIX config menu.

    HTH

    rock

Similar Threads

  1. Cannot surf Internet
    By hal8000 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 07:44 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 07:48 AM
  3. Internet/Router Problems
    By kaen in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
  4. Must reset router to connect into internet
    By rayman in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2003, 07:26 PM
  5. can ping router but no internet
    By kashif in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 11:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD picture

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD

$100.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99