Hi,
I tried to boot the latest 3.2 on my Dell Inspiron 2500 but it hangs while loading the kernel. I then tried the failsafe option and can get everything working. However, this mode disable everything on my machine(PCMCIA thus no network). So I tried the noscsi options and can pass the boot up hanging issue but it hangs again when it launch X. Don't know how to fix this though. The chipset used is i815(which is properly detected by Knoppix). Also, by enabling the PCMCIA, the network card is properly identified but the driver failed some how. Again, I don't know where to look for in order to fix it.
thanks for anyhelp in advance.
regards,
gary

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99