Quote Originally Posted by baldyeti
Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldi
I downloaded qemu and tried to get it to emulate suse linux in windows
The easiest way to try qemu is to download the special Japanese Knoppix CD, which comes with colinux and qemu.
Quote Originally Posted by Garibaldi
As far as how fast it could emulate windows in linux, I guess its supposed to be very fast.
oh, then you're in for a disappointment. Qemu might be techically impressive, it is also in practice unbearably slow.

Colinux feels much more usable to me.
Yes. Colinux is the best for those who need to run both XP and linux(not hight throughput server). Alternatively, get a used PC and run linux on it. They are getting real cheap now. I saw one ad. of a 500Mhz Celeron by IBM selling for USD 25 and that is a pretty responsive system for linux. As for me, I just bought an used Xbox.