-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Garibaldi
Could you help me get Colinux running? I downloaded the gentoo image seperately and then downloaded colinux. I installed it and tried messing with colinux-daemon.exe but I'm not sure what to do. Could you help me get it working with my Gentoo image that I downloaded off their site? Thanks.

Um, it should be pretty straight forward. I faintly remember the steps :
1. run the installer which would install colinux as well as TAP driver(for networking)
2. expand your image(gentoo, woody etc.) to a file on the HD
3. modify the xml(which is the lilo/grub equivalent) file to use your rootfs file then launch colinux.
That is it. Without knowing what particular problem you have, I don't know what else I can help. Just tell me what stucks so I can suggest additional things to try.
colinux performance is excellent unless you have heavy network activities, if it is within its own rootfs, I don't notice any speed difference than native boot linux. Acrossing network can be an issue(even loopback to the hosting XP), but that only shows when you are doing very heavy network stuff. I once tried import the DVD device from XP to colinux then run mencoder to rip the DVD movie and stored it back to a CIFS share exported on the same XP machine, it took me 10 hours on the 2.8G P4. I did the same natively on a xbox and it is just an hour or so.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95