Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Saving to USB

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Saving to USB

    I have only Windows experience (no other OS). I have a laptop running Win2K and am running Knoppix 3.6 from CD. How do I go about saving files from the comp on to my flash drive? I'm not sure the USB drive is even being recognized...HELP!!!! Thank you!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Plug the USB dongle in and then look for a icon called sda1 (could be sdb1)

    click it and check if its it.

    If so, right click the icon, go to actions, then change read/write mode

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2
    Thank you. I did that now I am getting 2 different error messages. One is "could not write to /mnt/sda1/p1010012.JPG" (it is a picture file). I then go back and make it writable again and then get a disk full error message. The flash drive has no other documents on it. What do I do now!
    (I am trying to save 700MB of pics from a 30 mile hike in the Grand Canyon off a laptop that is in bad shape. I really appreciate the help!)

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    Try unmount and then remount. Sounds dumb, like hitting the TV with your fist, but sometimes it works. Rt click the icon, unmount, then left-click the icon. Now try it.

    jd

Similar Threads

  1. Not Saving Over reboot
    By newUser2 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 07:18 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  3. saving changes
    By cmo131 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 06:44 AM
  4. Saving
    By computerkid14 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 01:12 AM
  5. Saving everything
    By yrokumata in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 03:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested

$29.99



Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz picture

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz

$87.00



Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A picture

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A

$299.95



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$159.95



Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM picture

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM

$37.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



Advantech/Samsung 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-2400 ECC UDIMM RAM AQD-D4U8GE24-SE DDR4 EUDIMM picture

Advantech/Samsung 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-2400 ECC UDIMM RAM AQD-D4U8GE24-SE DDR4 EUDIMM

$85.00