fantastic =)
hope u guys can integrate it asap, then i just have to worry about nvidia drivers still :)
( 43.49 for linux came out the other day)
Alsa support works ok!!! (So, audigy cards can be used with running knoppix!)
It does all work now!
Download from: (Thx, To Kai Lahmann)
http://www.linuxfaqs.de/knoppix/
Instructions for alsa:
cd ~
tar xzf knx-live-inst-0.1.tar.gz
cd knx-live-inst-0.1
./knx-live-inst.sh alsa
aumix # to set the volume to a higher level then 0
Then play some sound!
But now the best!
It does all work?
Then keep it that way. Just save your config to a hd or your usb-memory stick... (K, Knoppix, Configuration, Save Knoppix-Configuration)
Then start knoppix with myconfig=/mnt/<partition> or with just one config, myconfig=scan.
Alsa will automatically work. (Just finally tested it!)
Even better is that I'm allowed to add alsa-support to official knoppix, so when I'm finished, there will be the possibility to use it without compiling modules and downloading something and you will be able to start with alsa=<card-name> or alsa=scan and it'll work.
Enjoy!
cu
Fabian
fantastic =)
hope u guys can integrate it asap, then i just have to worry about nvidia drivers still :)
( 43.49 for linux came out the other day)
Great news!!!
I finaly get sound. But any word on if or when this will become part of the Knoppix CD?
I finished work ony an alsa-autoconfig-script together with an knoppix-autoconfig patch just today.Originally Posted by MattT
I've already sent it to Klaus.
He said he needs to do some other release before, but I guess it won't take too long too include it.
You then only need to pass as cheatcode: "knopix alsa" or "knoppix alsa=<card>"
(alsa will build a db and then scan for suitable cards)
cu
Fabian
This is great news. I look forward to trying it out.

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00