In knoppix you can set this with /usr/bin/kxconfig. I don't no if this can be done In knoppix std.
First off I know this has been asked before but using what I have found has not help so asking again.
I am running knoppix-std, yeah i know this is knoppix not std forum but hear me out. When I boot from CD or do a HD install my depth is only 8 bit. I have tryed to configure the XF86Config and XF86Config-4 files to only load 24 or 32 bit but no matter what it always loads 8. Can anyone tell me if there is another file that may need to be edited or anything. Oh and be the way I have posted this on the STD forum and they are stumped as well. Thank
In knoppix you can set this with /usr/bin/kxconfig. I don't no if this can be done In knoppix std.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99