In knoppix you can set this with /usr/bin/kxconfig. I don't no if this can be done In knoppix std.
First off I know this has been asked before but using what I have found has not help so asking again.
I am running knoppix-std, yeah i know this is knoppix not std forum but hear me out. When I boot from CD or do a HD install my depth is only 8 bit. I have tryed to configure the XF86Config and XF86Config-4 files to only load 24 or 32 bit but no matter what it always loads 8. Can anyone tell me if there is another file that may need to be edited or anything. Oh and be the way I have posted this on the STD forum and they are stumped as well. Thank
In knoppix you can set this with /usr/bin/kxconfig. I don't no if this can be done In knoppix std.

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00