Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 64 bit knoppix help!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    right hur
    Posts
    17

    64 bit knoppix help!

    Hi, guys ive been using knoppix for quite some time now and it works fine. Right now im currently using the newest version, 3.6. I have a 64 bit processor and i always put off trying the 64 bit knoppix,but today i happend to find time for it. So put in the knoppix 64 disc and it gets to the boot logo screen, but unfortunately after i press enter the screen turns completely black and hangs there. Ive tryed burning another copy but it still didnt work. Can anyone lend me a hand with this? I would hate to have a 64 bit system and not be able to test out knoppix64 , it would be such a waste. Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1

    same here

    yes I can verify, I had the same problem on a amd64 3200 , 7xx MB ram

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    right hur
    Posts
    17
    you said you had that problem, did you fix? and btw have a amd64 2800+ 512 ram and a ati 9800 pro

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    right hur
    Posts
    17
    i tryed to type knoppix26 to boot up the new kernel and it said that it could not find kernel.

  5. #5
    i downloaded the cd and booted from it, got a message only 1 processor. and it stopped?!

    I have amd64 3000.

    so what if its only 1 proc? its 64 bit.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    right hur
    Posts
    17
    I dont even get that! i tryed several cheats and none helped.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by forneus
    i downloaded the cd and booted from it, got a message only 1 processor. and it stopped?!

    I have amd64 3000.

    so what if its only 1 proc? its 64 bit.
    I get that too it says:
    "Only one processor found
    AGPART: Unsupported AMD Chipset (device ID: 0282), you might want to boot with
    AGP=try_unsupported"

    but when i try "AGP=try_unsupported" it only says "Only one processor found" and stops

    I have a AMD 3000+ too

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    14

    Knoppix64

    When its finished, it will be here http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Debootst..._x86-64_LiveCD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$225.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$195.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2390.00



MITS Altair Computer Notes January/February 1977  picture

MITS Altair Computer Notes January/February 1977

$100.00



MITS Altair Computer Notes June 1976 picture

MITS Altair Computer Notes June 1976

$90.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair picture

Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair

$46.00