Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: AMD 64... compatible or not?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    18

    AMD 64... compatible or not?

    I wanted to upgrade my home PC to an amd 64 processor, I was wondering if knoppix 3.4 or 3.6 will support this cpu and if it will make full use of its 64 bit power ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hollywood, Florida
    Posts
    18
    I guess nobody on here is running an AMD 64 cpu ?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Curently I think knoppix will run on 64 bit CPUs but can't use all 64 bits.

    If you go to the news section, there is a remaster that can.

    (I may be wrong, the remaster may be the only one that can run.)

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I have run Knoppix 3.6 on as single Opteron 242 and even dual 242s. It ran perfectly fine & without any issues. It will not however run in 64 bit mode unless I were to remaster a new knoppix CD with a 64 compiled kernel & 64 bit compiled libraries.

    I hope this helps.
    James

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    da UP
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfasterr
    I guess nobody on here is running an AMD 64 cpu ?
    Just saw your post. I am running an AMD 64 3000 and it along with 768 MB
    Kingston 3200 HyperX makes Knoppix fly. I do have a few issues but I can't say they are AMD 64 related. No reason not to go AMD price/performance/compatibilty......Intel is sucking AMD's dust.

    Quip Frok

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    14

    Knoppix64

    When its out, it will be here first http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Debootst..._x86-64_LiveCD

Similar Threads

  1. Autoconfig/sndconfig cant find compatible soundcard
    By Schopenhauer101 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
  2. XPDE and knoppix, compatible?
    By pinoylinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 11:15 AM
  3. Linux-Compatible Modem
    By Kowood in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 07:12 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 04:21 PM
  5. Linux (knoppix) Compatible Modems??
    By knopbill in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 01:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$482.02



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$372.48



1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00 picture

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00

$150.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$16.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1775.56



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cac picture

WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cac

$25.17



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable External SSD SDSSDE60-1T00  Never Used No Cable picture

SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable External SSD SDSSDE60-1T00 Never Used No Cable

$129.95



NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD

$444.99