-
Junior Member
registered user
64 bit knoppix help!
Hi, guys ive been using knoppix for quite some time now and it works fine. Right now im currently using the newest version, 3.6. I have a 64 bit processor and i always put off trying the 64 bit knoppix,but today i happend to find time for it. So put in the knoppix 64 disc and it gets to the boot logo screen, but unfortunately after i press enter the screen turns completely black and hangs there. Ive tryed burning another copy but it still didnt work. Can anyone lend me a hand with this? I would hate to have a 64 bit system and not be able to test out knoppix64 , it would be such a waste. Thanks
-
same here
yes I can verify, I had the same problem on a amd64 3200 , 7xx MB ram
-
Junior Member
registered user
you said you had that problem, did you fix? and btw have a amd64 2800+ 512 ram and a ati 9800 pro
-
Junior Member
registered user
i tryed to type knoppix26 to boot up the new kernel and it said that it could not find kernel.
-
i downloaded the cd and booted from it, got a message only 1 processor. and it stopped?!
I have amd64 3000.
so what if its only 1 proc? its 64 bit.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I dont even get that! i tryed several cheats and none helped.
-

Originally Posted by
forneus
i downloaded the cd and booted from it, got a message only 1 processor. and it stopped?!
I have amd64 3000.
so what if its only 1 proc? its 64 bit.
I get that too it says:
"Only one processor found
AGPART: Unsupported AMD Chipset (device ID: 0282), you might want to boot with
AGP=try_unsupported"
but when i try "AGP=try_unsupported" it only says "Only one processor found" and stops
I have a AMD 3000+ too
-
Junior Member
registered user
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Yealink SIP-T73W IP Phone VoIP Desk Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black
$70.00

Yealink Touchscreen
$99.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95