-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
gameshints
Uhhhh yeah? I said in my first post you can't edit the program description using the menu editor.
Hay, I've just tried to edit a description at the menu. It just worked fine. I changed XFig to XFig 3.2. I made a lot of new entries, and that worked fine also. I work with a harddisk installed knoppix 3.6.
I had the problem: I edited a little too much, and I removed a whole directory in the menu. What did I do? I booted from the CD and looked at the original, I pasted and copied all my lost entries to a text file and wrote that file to a diskette. I booted back again to my hd installed Debian(knoppix) and made the directory with all my lost entries again in the menu. Worked just fine.
Just to mention: it was the directory with all the Graphics programs in it...
Maybe there's a more easy way to menage these kind of problems, but this worked out for me by all means.
Have fun and success to solve your problem.
pvdvyve
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-26-2006, 03:35 PM
-
By Jessse5935 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM
-
By sbassi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By Colonel Sanders in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 06:23 PM
-
By _r00t- in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99