I have recently jumped into the world of LiveCD Linux Distros with only minimal previous Linux knowledge. Thusly, I am having troubles with Captive-NTFS and writing to the Hard Drive under Knoppix 3.4 (5-17) with the 2.6 kernel.
First I run captive-install-acquire (I mount hda1 ro to get files) but at the end of the install it tells me that it can't find any NTFS partitions; therefore,I umount hda1, then in a terminal I do "sudo mount -t captive-ntfs -o rw /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1" only to have it say that only root has RW permissions. I tried changing the owner through "sudo chown knoppix /mnt/hda1" but to no avail.
I checked my fstab and it seems that my hardrive is being read as auto instead of ntfs(which is probably causing the problem) but I don't know how to edit it, plus It would be a pain to have to edit it before any time I want to write files.
On another note the same thing is happening with my floppy drive ( it says that only root has permissions to rw)
I have downloaded BitDefender's LinuxDender Live! 1.5.6 and its captive ntfs works fine and I have writen many files but I like Knoppix 3.6 better and want to be able to write files. Please Help...
Noob,
Gulp35

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel Core i5-12500T 2.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5W
$119.99