I have recently jumped into the world of LiveCD Linux Distros with only minimal previous Linux knowledge. Thusly, I am having troubles with Captive-NTFS and writing to the Hard Drive under Knoppix 3.4 (5-17) with the 2.6 kernel.
First I run captive-install-acquire (I mount hda1 ro to get files) but at the end of the install it tells me that it can't find any NTFS partitions; therefore,I umount hda1, then in a terminal I do "sudo mount -t captive-ntfs -o rw /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1" only to have it say that only root has RW permissions. I tried changing the owner through "sudo chown knoppix /mnt/hda1" but to no avail.
I checked my fstab and it seems that my hardrive is being read as auto instead of ntfs(which is probably causing the problem) but I don't know how to edit it, plus It would be a pain to have to edit it before any time I want to write files.
On another note the same thing is happening with my floppy drive ( it says that only root has permissions to rw)
I have downloaded BitDefender's LinuxDender Live! 1.5.6 and its captive ntfs works fine and I have writen many files but I like Knoppix 3.6 better and want to be able to write files. Please Help...
Noob,
Gulp35

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00