Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trying to use GAIM with aim

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    17

    Trying to use GAIM with aim

    Maybe I'm missing something here.....I want to use GAIM to talk with my kids while I'm away. I'm running Knoppix from the CD.

    Seems like I need to download and install AIM for linux so I can set up an account before I can use GAIM. Correct? Well, running from the CD, I can't do that, of course.

    What have others done? Guess I could always get on a Windows machine and get an account but I'd rather do it the Knoppix way if I can.

    Suggestions?

    Bob

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: Trying to use GAIM with aim

    Quote Originally Posted by hardware_bum
    Maybe I'm missing something here.....I want to use GAIM to talk with my kids while I'm away. I'm running Knoppix from the CD.

    Seems like I need to download and install AIM for linux so I can set up an account before I can use GAIM. Correct? Well, running from the CD, I can't do that, of course.

    What have others done? Guess I could always get on a Windows machine and get an account but I'd rather do it the Knoppix way if I can.

    Suggestions?

    Bob
    You don't have to download anything extra to use gaim with aim.

    Just go to account manager(something like that) creat a new account and select aol

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with Gaim
    By Snow in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 06:52 AM
  2. Installing Gaim
    By neomorph in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 06:15 AM
  3. gaim
    By pete1968 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:55 PM
  4. gAIM help please
    By crix in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:52 AM
  5. GAIM
    By pi-sics in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$298.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$640.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX picture

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX

$69.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00