-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: need snall help with dpackage

Originally Posted by
maestrobwh1
I have a full hard drive install of knoppix 3.3.
I have installed ImageMagick from an RPM file, and dpackage says it was installed okay, but I cannot seem to find ho to either find any installed link. I searched for files, and I did find some folders here and there with the name, but no files to excecute.
Help?
dpackage??? do you mean kpackage? For Knoppix (which is a Debian based system) you should use .deb packages, not RPM's. You can make an rpm into a .deb with the program 'alien' (i.e. alien -d <package name>) then install it with apt-get, dpkg or kpackage. But you should only have to do this if there is no .deb already available and I'm sure there is one for ImageMagick.
The imagemagick installed on my system appears to be a series of utilites to create, edit & convert image files, not a stand alone program, (see 'man imagemagick') so there is no actual 'imagemagick' executeable. You may have the same.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99