-
Senior Member
registered user
Who benefits from making Linux hard to use? [Hint] He's one of the world's richest men.[/hint]
Are you interested in this question?
It's a boring question to me.
But I'm interested in open source.
And what if I plug-in my usb-stick with no desktop at all?
With a desktop, which doesn't have icons?
When booting into runlevel 1,2,3?
With a multi-card-reader, I would have 5 icons poping up!
I like the idea of basic functions and having control over my system.
And I don't like the idea of making linux a low-cost windows.
I know a lot of people having these wonderful easy to manage, iconheavy OS.
They cannot install the OS, they have viruses and worms, it's often broken and needs a complete reinstall, and is shutting down for suspicious reasons.
Then I arrive with my knoppix-cd, and make it work again - remove viruses, fdisk, hardwarechecks and so on.
Last time the wonderful icon-OS didn't find the network stuff - I found it in a xy20.cab-file, but I couldn't tell the system, where the programs are, because there where buttons and icons but no button to tell where the cab-files are, and no commandline of course.
And I fear the day, linux will look alike.
Fight the icons!
Kill the buttons!
Run the commandline!
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 04:08 PM
-
By monkymind in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 08:41 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 11:41 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 03:32 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00