Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: EN iso but KDE in german ???

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4

    EN iso but KDE in german ???

    Hi !

    I have just downloaded the latest EN iso but when the KDE starts its all in german ... I know I can give the "lang=us" boot parameter but the previous EN versions would start in english immediately ...

    Thanx for help

    pf.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2

    I noticed this as well

    I can confirm this.

    I modified syslinux.cfg (on floppy and CD) so that lang=us (or lang=nl in my case) but it was ignored and German was used. Typing lang=us on the prompt does work, however.

    Must be a nasty little bug.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    I worked around it on my DE version by first cheat coding everything I wanted to run with then saving my configs to the HD. Now when I use the master cheat code in the boot promt 'knoppix myconfig=scan' it all comes back the way I want it.

    I eventuall want to change the boot files so I don't have to cheat code anymore to get my saved configs to execute durring boot.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    na
    Posts
    1

    how to fix




    at the boot screen just type

    knoppix lang=en

    la voila english will now boot for u sir im new at this so enjoy i love this version

    very nice work id say thanks guys & gals

    im so happy

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    42.3° N 122.9° W
    Posts
    166
    Obviously Klaus was rushed on getting the EN version out. There is very little functional differance between them IMHO. I"m not even going to bother DL the EN version until the next major release. There's worse bugs to deal with.

    Except for the printer cups drivers not loading and not allowing me to print, I love this newest Knoppix 3.2.

Similar Threads

  1. Its all in GERMAN!!!
    By crispyleaf in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 01:49 PM
  2. Hey, I know a little German . . .
    By j.drake in forum German Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 06:23 AM
  3. German
    By gatorhunter in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 12:44 AM
  4. What Gives with the German?
    By metroidprime13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:14 PM
  5. everything is in german
    By greychimp3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99