Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: NESSUS problems

  1. #1

    NESSUS problems



    Hello there,

    I am an absolute beginner with LINUX/KNOPPIX but am a very experienced programmer in windows. Yes I have changed my ways and am leaving the dark side. First let me say, KNOPPIX for me is the most impressive piece of software I have seen in the last 5 years... it has blown my mind...

    PROBLEM....
    I have knoppix running like a gem. I have nessus running like a gem. I have a network card installed, which i can ping from other boxes. I go to connect with nessusWX... can't connect. I have a feeling that nessus service is bound to 127.0.0.1 loopback.

    I stop the service with killall -9 nessusd (this seams dodgey, please tell of better way if known)

    I run nessus-mkcert and get all the problems with read only....

    can anyone help me with this please... i have searched high and low before i came in to bother anyone.

  2. #2
    surely someone can help with this?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3
    probably not what you wanna hear, but you can just use STD for nessus.
    knoppix is flakey with it afaik

Similar Threads

  1. Using Nessus
    By a_hic in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 06:46 PM
  2. Knoppix nessus help
    By gonzo in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 05:14 PM
  3. problem with nessus
    By happyholger in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 12:28 PM
  4. need help with nessus
    By happyholger in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 05:31 PM
  5. Nessus fails
    By blase in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2003, 06:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack picture

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack

$88.90



Intel Optane NMA1XXD128GPS DDR4 2666 4Rx4 ECC 128GB Server Ram picture

Intel Optane NMA1XXD128GPS DDR4 2666 4Rx4 ECC 128GB Server Ram

$80.00



Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC picture

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC

$4.95



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55